Please find below resources and websites to help you in your personal prayer and spiritual life in these odd days. Of course there is much more out there, and if you simply want a chat please do ring me. But for now, here we are:
– The C of E has pulled together some resources:
– I use the C of E daily prayer app:
– ‘Pray as you go’ is a brilliant daily prayer website and app. I and many friends have found it very helpful over the years:
– The Northumbria Community have excellent resources, here’s the link to their morning prayer (which is what we use here on a Wednesday) but there are links to Midday and Evening prayer too on that page:
– Roots have made their content free – it is normally paid for and used for prep for Sundays and Sunday schools by churches. It might be especially useful for families so do send it on to people you know… Here’s the links:
– Among the churches of Tower Hamlets there are several who are offering ‘live streams’ of Sunday services. A list is of available ones is here:
If any of you do not have a Bible and want one let me know – I can get one to you. Likewise a hymn book. You Tube is full of Christian hymns and worship songs which you can sing along to.
– On a different note – here’s positive news stories!
I will continue to contact everyone that I have numbers/email for – but please if you want to chat or pray before then then contact me, and of course ring each other. And if I don’t have your contact details do please give them to me so I can contact you.
- If you are feeling despondent you can call the Samaritans free on 116 123
- You can call Silverline (aged 55+) on 0800 4 70 80 90 to arrange for a weekly 30 min phone call from a friendly volunteer who will be there to listen.
I have also been contacted by various people who are able to go shopping or help in other ways and so if you need practical help then let me know.
“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5.7
Peace and love to you all,